Lean & Green Healthy Minestrone Soup
Need a healthy dish to warm up the family during those cold winters? Try this Minestrone Soup recipe! It is definitely worth the wait!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 11/4 lbs Skinless ChickenThigh
- 4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1 cup Celery Sliced
- 2 cup Green Cabbage Shredded
- 1 cup Yellow Squash Diced
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 tsp Low-fat Parmesan Cheese
- Combine the chicken and stock in a large pot, and bring to boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for approximately 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken thighs from the broth and set aside to cool.
- Add the vegetables to the simmering broth and continue to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken has cooled enough, shred it into bite-size pieces.
- Add the chicken back to the pot. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, and pepper. Serve the soup in bowls with 1 teaspoon of parmesan cheese per serving.