Lean and Green Minestrone Soup
Need a healthy dish to warm up the family during those cold winters? Try this Minestrone Soup recipe! It is definitely worth the wait!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 11/4 lbs Skinless ChickenThigh
- 4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1 cup Celery Sliced
- 2 cup Green Cabbage Shredded
- 1 cup Yellow Squash Diced
- 1 cup Cauliflower Florets
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1 cup Fresh Basil
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 tsp Low-fat Parmesan Cheese
- Combine the chicken and stock in a large pot, and bring to boil. Once it starts boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for approximately 45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken thighs from the broth and set aside to cool.
- Add the vegetables to the simmering broth and continue to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Once the chicken has cooled enough, shred it into bite-size pieces.
- Add the chicken back to the pot. Stir in the tomatoes, basil, and pepper. Serve the soup in bowls with 1 teaspoon of parmesan cheese per serving.