Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Noodless Eggplant & Zucchini Lasagna
Ever since I was a kid I've loved lasagna and with this Noodless Eggplant & Zucchini Lasagna recipe you can get that same great taste without the added carbs!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1/2 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 1/2 cup Italian Tomato Sauce
- 2 medium Zucchini
- 1 large Eggplant
- 1 1/2 cup Part-skim Ricotta
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 can Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Using a mandoline slicer or knife, slice zucchini (ends removed) vertically into 1/4 inch thick slices (may not use some zucchini slices if not wide or long enough, save for another recipe). Slice widest section of eggplant (ends removed) horizontally into 1/4 inch thick rounds (save the rest for another recipe).
- Lay vegetable slices onto baking sheets, and salt. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- While vegetables are resting, in a medium-sized skillet, brown the meat. Remove from heat, and add tomato sauce. Stir to combine; set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine ricotta, one cup of mozzarella, Parmesan, and egg.
- Using paper towels, blot vegetable slices to remove as much moisture and salt as possible.
- To assemble lasagna: Spread one-third of tomato meat mixture onto bottom of lightly-greased square glass baking dish. Top with a single layer of zucchini slices, followed by a single layer of eggplant rounds. Top with one-half of ricotta mixture. Repeat layers 2 more times, alternating the direction of the zucchini slices, and ending on the last layer of eggplant rounds exposed (do not top with ricotta, you should be out of the mixture by this point). Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let sit for at least 15 minutes prior to serving.