Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- 1Healthy Fat
If you're not familiar with spaghetti squash then it's time you get acquainted! This simple to prepare Spaghetti Squash Lasagna recipe will have you wondering why you haven't been eating spaghetti this way your entire life. Light, delicious and 100% on plan!
Tip: If you do not like spicy heat you can reduce or omit the crushed red pepper flakes. This recipe call for several of the spices to be divided.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 medium Spaghetti Squash Halved
- 4 tsp Olive Oil Divided
- 1 tsp Salt Divided
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Divided
- 2 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 1(14.5oz.) can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Basil Divided
- 1 tsp Whole Leaf Oregano Divided
- 1/2 cup Part-skim Ricotta
- 1/2 cup 1% Cottage Cheese
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Low-fat Mozzarela Shredded
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Prepare the spaghetti squash. Cut in half, and remove seeds and pulp strands. Rub 1 teaspoon of olive oil into each half of squash and season each half with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt (optional) and pepper. Place each spaghetti squash half face down in a large baking dish and bake for 40 to 60 minutes, cook until the middle is tender and pulls apart easily.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking in a large saucepan, saute garlic in remaining olive oil over a medium heat until fragrant. Add Turkey. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of each salt (optional) and pepper, and then cook until it has browned.
- Add tomatoes, onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon each of basil and oregano. When the sauce starts to bubble, reduce heat to a simmer until it has thickened (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Combine the ricotta and cottage cheese into a medium bow. Season with crushed red pepper flakes (optional) and the remaining basil, oregano, salt (optional), and pepper. Lightly mix until combined.
- When spaghetti squash is fully cooked, flip it in the baking dish so that it is now skin-side down. Lightly scrape flesh of squash with a fork to create spaghetti-like strands.
- Evenly divide the ricotta and cheese mixture between each squash half. Repeat with the meat sauce. Top each half with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Turn oven to broil, and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbling. Watch that it does not burn due to different oven temperatures. Serve immediately