Lean & Green Healthy Vegetarian Meatballs and Zucchini Noodles
Feed your Italian food craving with this quick and easy vegetarian recipe that even the kids are sure to enjoy!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Vegetarian Meatballs and Zucchini Noodles Ingredients
- 1 lbs Vegan Meatballs
- 4 medium Zucchini Spiraled
- 1 cup Rao's Homemade Sauce
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil Chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Lean & Green Vegetarian Meatballs and Zucchini Noodles Instructions
- Heat vegan meatballs as described on packaging; either by oven or microwave.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add zucchini noodles to the heated olive oil stir for 2-3 minutes till softened.
- Reduce heat to low and add Rao's Homemade Sauce to your zucchini noodles. Allow the sauce noodle mixture to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your heated meatballs to the sauce noodle mixture and heat for another 2 minutes before serving.
- Garnish each portion with the freshly chopped basil and serve.