Lean & Green Healthy Zucchini Lasagna
- 1Healthy Fat
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 lbs Zucchini Sliced
- 2 cup fresh whole Tomatoes Sliced
- 1 1/4 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 3 oz Low-Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Salt Divided
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Basil Leaves
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Make zucchini lasagna noodles by using a mandolin or a sharp knife, slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch slices lengthwise to great the lasagna "noodles". Sprinkle with a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and allow to sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- While the noodles are setting aside, combine the ground beef (you can brown the meat before mixing but not required) with the pepper, cream cheese and remaining salt.
- Pat dry the sliced zucchini with a paper towel, then put one layer into a casserole dish. Top the zucchini with a thin layer of each: the ground beef and cream cheese mixture, add layer of basil leaves and the sliced tomatoes.
- You can repeat the steps until all the layer ingredients are used up. Be sure the last layer is zucchini slices. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese as the last layer on top.
- Place in oven and bake at 425*F for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into 4 equally sized portions.