Lean and Green Zucchini Pizza Casserole
Are you a casserole and pizza lover; well this is the perfect combination of both! With a bold recipe that includes zucchini, lean ground beef and bevy of cheeses indulging never felt so healthy!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 31/2 cup Zucchini Shredded
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 4 oz Reduced-Fat Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 4 oz Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 can Light Cooking Spray
- 1/2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 (14.5) oz Italian Tomatoes Diced
- 1 small Green Bell Peppers Chopped
- Preheat oven to 400* F.
- Place zucchini (shredded,unpeeled zucchini,about 2 medium zucchini) in a strainer, and sprinkle with salt(optional). Let stand 10 minutes, and then press to release moisture.
- Combine zucchini with eggs, parmesan, and (half )of the mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Press mixture into a lightly greased baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the beef and onion in a medium skillet until done. Drain any liquid, and then stir in the (petite diced) tomatoes.
- Pour beef mixture over the zucchini and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Top with green peppers.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until heated through.