Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Zucchini Spinach Manicotti
Manicotti is an Italian dish full of flavor, loaded with cheese and sauce. With this Zucchini Spinach Manicotti recipe you're going to get all that great flavor but without the heavy pasta carbs!
TIP: A mandoline slicer is used to slice your zucchini into 1/8-inch thick slices. A 9x9 baking dish required.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 large Zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup Part-skim Ricotta
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 cup Frozen Spinach
- 1 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese Divided
- 1/8 cup Grated Parmesan
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Nutmeg (optional)*
- 1 cup Low-sugar Tomato Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Using a mandoline slicer, slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick slices, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine ricotta, egg, spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella, parmesan, salt( optional), and nutmeg (optional).
- Layer 3 slices of zucchini parallel to each other, so that they are slightly overlapping one another. Spread a large spoonful of ricotta mixture on one end of the zuccchini slices, and roll up the zucchini. Place the stuffed zucchini next to each other into a lightly-greased 9x9 baking dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over top of the zucchini, and then sprinkle with 1/8 to 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.