Lean & Green Healthy Zughetti in Meat Gravy
- 2Healthy Fat
Make this wonderful Zughetti in Meat Gravy recipe for an on plan meal that's just like spaghetti, but without all the carbs and heaviness.
Italian Zughetti in Meat Gravy
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Zughetti in Meat Gravy Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Divided
- 1.75 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup Scallions Minced
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Hungarian Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt Divided
- 11/4 cup Tomatoes Diced
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Low-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Basil Chopped
- 1.25 lbs Zucchini Spiraled
- 2 tbsp Reduced-fat Parmesan Cheese
Lean & Green Zughetti in Meat Gravy Instructions
- Heat one tablespoon of tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet, and cook ground turkey, stirring occasionally to break it up into smaller pieces.
- Once the turkey has turned opaque, add the scallions, garlic, large crushed red pepper, paprika and 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken stock, cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the yogurt and basil.
- In a separate skillet, quickly saute the zucchini "noodles" until tender, about 2 minutes. Season with remaining salt.
- Arrange the zucchini "noodles" on a plate and top with meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Greek Yogurt Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Greek Yogurt Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Greek Yogurt Recipes easily!
Healthy Shopping Lists
Are you looking for Quick Turkey Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Turkey Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Turkey Recipes easily!