Lean and Green Zughetti in Meat Gravy
- 2Healthy Fat
Make this wonderful Zughetti in Meat Gravy recipe for an on plan meal that's just like spaghetti, but without all the carbs and heaviness.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Divided
- 1.75 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup Scallions Minced
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Hungarian Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt Divided
- 11/4 cup Tomatoes Diced
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Low-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Basil Chopped
- 1.25 lbs Zucchini Spiraled
- 2 tbsp Reduced-fat Parmesan Cheese
- Heat one tablespoon of tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick skillet, and cook ground turkey, stirring occasionally to break it up into smaller pieces.
- Once the turkey has turned opaque, add the scallions, garlic, large crushed red pepper, paprika and 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken stock, cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the yogurt and basil.
- In a separate skillet, quickly saute the zucchini "noodles" until tender, about 2 minutes. Season with remaining salt.
- Arrange the zucchini "noodles" on a plate and top with meat sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve warm.