Lean and Green Shrimp & Avocado Cauliflower Rice Sushi
- 2Healthy Fat
If you've been missing Sushi, well you don't have to any longer! These avocado rolls made with shrimp and cauliflower rice are certain to keep you on a roll!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 1/2 cup Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Zero-calorie sugar substitute
- 12 oz Shrimp Chopped
- 1/3 cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 medium Avocado
- 1/2 medium Cucumber Sliced
- 4 (sheets) large Nori
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- In a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl, microwave cauliflower "rice" for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through. Mix in rice vinegar and sugar substitute; set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix chopped shrimp, Greek yogurt, and sriracha; set aside.
- Assemble sushi; Lay a sheet of nori on a sushi rolling mat, and spread one quarter of the cauliflower rice mixture in an even layer onto the half of the sheet closest to you (cover only half of the sheet, and leave a one-inch rim around the other side of the cauliflower).
- Add the fillings (one slice cucumber, two slices avocado, and one quarter shrimp mixture per roll), placing them horizontally on the cauliflower rice, and leaving some cauliflower rice exposed both behind and in front of them.
- Roll the sushi by folding the sides of exposed nori closest to you over the filling, tucking all of the filling into the first complete roll. Continue rolling until you get to the end of the nori sheet.
- Repeat with remaining nori sheets, cauliflower rice, and fillings (you should end up with four rolls). Slice rolls into pieces using a clean, sharp knife. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.