Lean and Green Bibimbap Bowls
- 1Healthy Fat
Bibimbap, sometimes romanized as bi bim bap or bi bim bop, is a Korean based dish typically served with rice. The term "bibim" actually means mixing rice; however with this lean and green Bibimbap Bowls, you substitute the rice for riced cauliflower.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 5 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 tbsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 cup Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 1 cup Cucumber Sliced
- 4 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Green Onions Chopped
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach, and cook for a few minutes, or until just wilted. Drizzle the sesame oil over top, and lightly season with salt (optional). Remove spinach from skillet, and set aside.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet used to cook the spinach. Cook the beef until fully browned. Stir in the chili garlic sauce and soy sauce, cook for one minute, and then remove skillet from heat.
- Steam the riced cauliflower in the microwave with one tablespoon water until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Build the bowls by first adding a 1/2 cup of riced cauliflower to each one. Arrange a quarter of each on top: spinach, ground beef, and cucumber. Add an egg (fried or hard-boiled) to each bowl, and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.