Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Instant Pot Napa Cabbage & Kimchi Stew
Every heard of Kimchi-jjigae or kimchi stew? Well this amazing Korean dish, is typically made with kimchi and other ingredients, such as pork or seafood, scallions, onions, and diced Dubu. We substituted eggs and tofu for the protein to give a lighter variation of this wonderful dish. Cut out the eggs in yours to make a vegetarian version!
Slow Cooker Method: Add all of the ingredients except the eggs to your slow cooker. Cover with lid and cook for 2 hours on low or until cabbage is tender. Then add the eggs, re-cover, and cook for another 20 to 30 minutes. Serve in bowls and garnish with scallions.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 5 cup Napa Cabbage
- 1/4 cup Kimchi Chopped
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 tbsp Korean Chili Flakes
- 1/2 cup Kimchi Juice
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar
- 3 cup Water
- 8 large Eggs (optional)*
- 20 oz Soft Tofu Drained
- 2 stalk Scallions Sliced
- Push saute button on Instant Pot. Once hot, add cabbage, kimchi (no sugar added), garlic, and Korean chili flakes or (paprika), and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the kimchi juice, vinegar, and water. Secure lid, push to stew mode, and adjust time to 10 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, naturally release pressure. Open the lid, and add eggs one at a time. Push saute button again and cook eggs to desired consistency. (Remove eggs for a vegetarian version)
- Cut tofu (drained and patted dry with a paper towel or cloth) into small cubes. Add tofu to stew and simmer for another few minutes.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with scallions.