Lean and Green One Pan Shakshuka
Take your senses on an amazing journey with this wonderful One Pan Shakshuka recipe. A rich tomato base dish combined with plenty of peppers, spices and eggs is a delight anytime!
NOTE:This meal can be eaten anytime breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you do not have a large enough skillet for 12 eggs separate into 2 skillets, dividing the mixture and eggs between each.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 tsp Canola Oil
- 2 medium Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 stalk Scallions Minced
- 1 small Red Bell Peppers Chopped
- 3 (14.5) oz. can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Cumin Crushed
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 12 large Eggs
- 2 oz Low-Fat Feta
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- Heat 1 tsp. Canola oil in either a cast iron or nonstick skillet on low. Add the garlic, scallions, and bell pepper stirring frequently to sweat for approximately 2 minutes until they appear translucent.
- Add 42 oz. of diced tomatoes, cumin, and paprika. Bring mixture to a simmer and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Using the back of a tablespoon press the spoon into the tomato mixture to create a well. Each time you create a well, crack an egg and pour into the indention, until you have created 12 wells.
- Once you are done making the the 12 wells with eggs, cover with a lid, and cook for approximately 5 more minutes or until the egg whites appear firm.
- Uncover the pan, and remove it from the heat, not garnish the eggs with crumbled feta and fresh chopped cilantro. Needs to be served hot.