Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Cauliflower Chicken Enchiladas
Who doesn't love a nice enchilada? Well this amazing Cauliflower Chicken Enchiladas recipe will keep you on track with a meal that is delicious and easy to make!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to OPTAVAIA, weighing your food is an important part of the OPTAVIA 5 & 1 program; in fact, it's one of the key elements. If you want to be successful, you need to make sure that each meal has been weighed exactly to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 medium Cauliflower Tortillas
- 6 oz Raw Chicken Breast Chopped
- 1 small Dried Ancho Chile Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- 1 medium Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 cup Low-fat Mozzarela Shredded
- 2 tsp Low-fat Mozzarela Divided (optional)*
- 1 can Light Cooking Spray
- Cut the raw chicken into large pieces. Place in a small saucepan and cover with water, bring to a boil, covered, until cooked through, approximately 10 to 15 minutes. When done shred the chicken with a fork; then set aside.
- While the chicken is boiling, using another small saucepan, boil the dried ancho chile pepper in 2 cups of water for approximately 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes remove the pepper from the water set aside to cool;. Keep the liquid used to boil the pepper.
- Once the pepper is cool, remove the stem and inner seeds from the pepper flesh.
- In a blender or food processor, place the pepper flesh, half-cup of the boiling liquid, chicken bouillon, and garlic clove; puree until smooth.
- Heat a lightly sprayed skillet for the enchiladas. Heat the enchilada sauce that was made in the blender/food processor in the skillet. Immerse one cauliflower tortilla in the sauce, and turn over once using a heat safe spatula.
- Once immersed on both sides move the tortilla to a plate, and top with 1/2 of the chicken and 1/2 of the cheese; roll the tortilla folded end down on plate. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower tortilla, chicken, and cheese. Top with 1 teaspoon of the cheese , if so desired.