Lean & Green Healthy Cauliflower Chicken Enchiladas
Who doesn't love a nice enchilada? Well this amazing Cauliflower Chicken Enchiladas recipe will keep you on track with a meal that is delicious and easy to make!
Benefits of Boneless Skinless Chicken in your Diet
If you're looking for a healthy, low-calorie food that's easy to prepare, boneless skinless chicken breast is the perfect option. Chicken breasts are rich in selenium and vitamin B which help promote heart health, as well as high protein and low fat content that makes it great for anyone trying to lose weight. Chicken breasts are also versatile and can be used in many different dishes such as sandwiches or salads.
Chicken breasts are a high protein, low-fat food.
You can enjoy the benefits of boneless skinless chicken breasts in your diet. They are a high protein, low-fat food that provides nearly all the essential amino acids and vitamins. Protein is important for building muscle, boosting immunity, lowering blood pressure and improving heart health. It also promotes healthy hair growth and helps you feel full longer so you won’t overeat at mealtime.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Cauliflower Chicken Enchiladas Ingredients
- 2 medium Cauliflower Tortillas
- 6 oz Raw Chicken Breast Chopped
- 1 small Dried Ancho Chile Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- 1 medium Garlic Cloves
- 1/3 cup Low-fat Mozzarela Shredded
- 2 tsp Low-fat Mozzarela Divided (optional)*
- 1 can Light Cooking Spray
Lean & Green Cauliflower Chicken Enchiladas Instructions
- Cut the raw chicken into large pieces. Place in a small saucepan and cover with water, bring to a boil, covered, until cooked through, approximately 10 to 15 minutes. When done shred the chicken with a fork; then set aside.
- While the chicken is boiling, using another small saucepan, boil the dried ancho chile pepper in 2 cups of water for approximately 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes remove the pepper from the water set aside to cool;. Keep the liquid used to boil the pepper.
- Once the pepper is cool, remove the stem and inner seeds from the pepper flesh.
- In a blender or food processor, place the pepper flesh, half-cup of the boiling liquid, chicken bouillon, and garlic clove; puree until smooth.
- Heat a lightly sprayed skillet for the enchiladas. Heat the enchilada sauce that was made in the blender/food processor in the skillet. Immerse one cauliflower tortilla in the sauce, and turn over once using a heat safe spatula.
- Once immersed on both sides move the tortilla to a plate, and top with 1/2 of the chicken and 1/2 of the cheese; roll the tortilla folded end down on plate. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower tortilla, chicken, and cheese. Top with 1 teaspoon of the cheese , if so desired.
- Cauliflower Tortillas
- Raw Chicken Breast
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Chicken Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Chicken Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Chicken Recipes easily!