Lean and Green Cumin Bistec Tacos
If you've yet to find some JICAMA wraps you're missing out on a super low-carb tortilla replacement. As part of this Cumin Bistec Tacos recipe you'll be hitting that taco craving and staying on plan!
JICAMA is a healthy choice to make tortillas.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 lbs Top Round Roast Chopped
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 medium Jicama Sliced
- 8 small Radishes Sliced
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- Chop or mince top round roast, add lime juice, cumin, salt (optional) and pepper.
- Heat a lightly greased, non stick skillet on high and add beef. Allow beef to brown on one side before stirring, and then add saute' beef until cooked through.
- Serve beef in jicama "tortillas" with sliced radishes (optional) and cilantro.