Lean and Green Grilled Mahi Mahi with Jicama Slaw
- 2Healthy Fat
Mahi mahi is delicate fish that has amazing flavor. This exceptional Grilled Mahi Mahi with Jicama Slaw recipe is a perfect summer night dish for you and the famliy!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice Divided
- 1 tsp Salt Divided
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Divided
- 4(8oz.) medium Mahi Mahi Fillets
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Divided
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Divided
- 3 cup Jicama Sliced
- 1 cup Cucumber Sliced
- 2 cup Watercress Chopped
- 1 cup Alfalfa Sprouts
- Combine one teaspoon of lime juice, a half teaspoons of both salt and pepper, and 2 teaspoons of oil in a small bowl. Brush the mahi mahi fillets all over with the olive oil mixture.
- Grill the (8oz.) mahi mahi over medium-high heat until done, about 5 minutes on each side (internal temperature of 145*F).
- For the slaw, combine the jicama (thinly cut into long strips like matchsticks), cucumber (thinly cut into long strips like matchsticks), watercress, and alfalfa sprouts in a bowl. Combine 2 teaspoons of lime juice, a 1/2 teaspoon of both salt and pepper, and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl. Drizzle over slaw, and toss to combine.