Lean and Green Jalapeno Cheddar Burgers
- 1 1/2Condiment
- 3/4Healthy Fat
Every now and then you just need a nicely flavored burger and this Jalapeno Cheddar Burgers recipe is perfect for getting all those rich flavors!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 26 oz Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsp Onion Finely Diced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Low Fat Cream Cheese
- 2 oz Low Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 medium Jalapeno Peppers Diced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat grill to medium or oven to broil on high.
- Using a small bowl combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder and diced jalapeno (if you prefer less spice remove seeds).
- Combine meat, salt and pepper and minced onion. Divide meat into 4 even pieces (7oz. each). Take 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture and flatten it into a pancake shape. Wrap turkey or beef around the cheese make sure the cheese mixture is completely covered with the meat. To keep from sticking to grill brush each burger with olive oil.