Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Mexican Taco Turkey Burger
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 8 oz Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/4 cup Red Peppers FInely Chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Peppers FInely Chopped
- 2 tsp Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/8 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Reduce Sodium Worcestershire Sauce
- In a mixing bowl, place the raw ground turkey, red peppers, green peppers, taco seasoning mix, 1 tbsp., water, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce. Mix until combined. Form patties.
- Grill outdoors, in a hot cast iron skillet or broil under a broiler. Cook as you prefer.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until an internal thermometer has reached 165 degrees.