Lean & Green Healthy Mini Pepper Nachos
- 1Healthy Fat
Who doesn't love a plate full of loaded nachos? We'll now you can indulge without the guilt of added carb calories. These Mini Pepper Nachos are the ideal lean and green for snack time or anytime!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Mini Pepper Nachos Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno Peppers Diced
- 1 (12oz) can Canned Chicken Breast Drained
- 6 oz Avocado Mashed
- 1/2 cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 cup Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 24 small Mini Bell Peppers Halved
- 1/4 cup Scallions Chopped
- 4 dash Light Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Salsa (optional)*
Lean & Green Mini Pepper Nachos Instructions
- Saute the diced jalapeno in a lightly greased skillet until tender.
- Mix the jalapeno, chicken, avocado, yogurt, one cup of cheese, and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Arrange the mini bell peppers in a single layer in a large casserole dish. Fill with chicken mixture, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and broil until cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and serve with salsa, if desired.
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Chicken Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Chicken Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Chicken Recipes easily!
Healthy Shopping Lists
Are you looking for Quick Greek Yogurt Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Greek Yogurt Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Greek Yogurt Recipes easily!