Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Mini Pepper Nachos
- 1Healthy Fat
Who doesn't love a plate full of loaded nachos? We'll now you can indulge without the guilt of added carb calories. These Mini Pepper Nachos are the ideal lean and green for snack time or anytime!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to OPTAVAIA, weighing your food is an important part of the OPTAVIA 5 & 1 program; in fact, it's one of the key elements. If you want to be successful, you need to make sure that each meal has been weighed exactly to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno Peppers Diced
- 1 (12oz) can Canned Chicken Breast Drained
- 6 oz Avocado Mashed
- 1/2 cup Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 cup Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 24 small Mini Bell Peppers Halved
- 1/4 cup Scallions Chopped
- 4 dash Light Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Salsa (optional)*
- Saute the diced jalapeno in a lightly greased skillet until tender.
- Mix the jalapeno, chicken, avocado, yogurt, one cup of cheese, and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Arrange the mini bell peppers in a single layer in a large casserole dish. Fill with chicken mixture, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and broil until cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and serve with salsa, if desired.