Lean and Green Savory Cilantro Salmon
Salmon is my new go-to fish and I can't get enough of this flavorful Savory Cilantro Salmon recipe. Add it to your night for a new spin of flavors.
PREP TIME: Includes 1 hour of marinading in the Refrigerator. OPTION: Choose either Lemon or Lime Juice of your choice, NOT BOTH
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 4 cup Fresh Cilantro Divided
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon juice (optional)*
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice (optional)*
- 2 tbsp Hot Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt Divided
- 1/2 cup Water
- 4 (7) oz Raw Salmon Filets(418)
- 2 cup Yellow Bell Pepper Sliced
- 2 cup Red Bell Peppers Sliced
- 2 cup Green Bell Peppers Sliced
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 can Cooking spray
- In a blender or food processor, combine half of the cilantro, lemon or lime juice, hot red pepper sauce, cumin, salt, and water; puree until smooth. Transfer the marinade to large resealable plastic bag.
- Add the salmon to the marinade. Seal the bag, squeezing out the air, turn to coat salmon. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- After marinating, preheat oven to 400*F. Arrange all pepper slices in a single layer in a lightly-greased, medium-sized square baking dish, and sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Bake for 20 minutes, turning pepper slices once.
- Drain salmon, and discard marinade. Crust tops of salmon with remaining chopped, fresh cilantro. Place salmon on top of pepper slices, and bake, 12 to 14 minutes, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.