Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Savory Cilantro Swai Fish
Swai Fish is my new go-to fish and I can't get enough of this flavorful Savory Cilantro Swai Fish recipe. Add it to your night for a new spin of flavors.
PREP TIME: Includes 1 hour of marinading in the Refrigerator. OPTION: Choose either Lemon or Lime Juice of your choice, NOT BOTH
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to OPTAVAIA, weighing your food is an important part of the OPTAVIA 5 & 1 program; in fact, it's one of the key elements. If you want to be successful, you need to make sure that each meal has been weighed exactly to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 4 cup Fresh Cilantro Divided
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon juice (optional)*
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice (optional)*
- 2 tbsp Hot Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt Divided
- 1/2 cup Water
- 4 (7) oz Swai Fish Recipes
- 2 cup Yellow Bell Pepper Sliced
- 2 cup Red Bell Peppers Sliced
- 2 cup Green Bell Peppers Sliced
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 can Cooking spray
- In a blender or food processor, combine half of the cilantro, lemon or lime juice, hot red pepper sauce, cumin, salt, and water; puree until smooth. Transfer the marinade to large resealable plastic bag.
- Add the swai fish to the marinade. Seal the bag, squeeze out the air, turn to coat swai fish. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- After marinating, preheat oven to 400*F. Arrange all pepper slices in a single layer in a lightly-greased, medium-sized square baking dish, and sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Bake for 20 minutes, turning pepper slices once.
- Drain swai fish, and discard marinade. Crust tops of swai fish with remaining chopped, fresh cilantro. Place swai fish on top of pepper slices, and bake, 12 to 14 minutes, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.