Lean and Green Shrimp "Campechana" Salad
- 2Healthy Fat
There are so many reasons you should incorporate shrimp into your diet, and this Shrimp Campechana Salad recipe drives that home! Bold rich flavors in a light and delicious salad that will keep you on plan and feeling full!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 lbs Raw Shrimp
- 1 lbs fresh whole Tomatoes
- 1 small Jalapeno Peppers FInely Chopped
- 1 small Garlic Cloves
- 2 stalk Scallions
- 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 8 medium Green Olives Halved
- 4 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1 medium Avocado Diced
- 2 1/2 cup Romaine Lettuce
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Bring a medium size pot of water to a boil and cook shrimp about 2 to 3 minutes until pink. Remove shrimp and shock in an ice bath until cooked . Drain, pat dry, and set aside.
- Toss tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, and scallions in olive oil. Transfer to a sheet pan and broil about 5 to 10 minutes until outside skin is charred. Remove pan and allow to cool long enough to handle.
- Remove core from tomatoes, stem from jalapeno, skin from garlic, and root of scallions. Place in a food processor and pulse until chopped or desired consistency.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a mixing bowl. Add olives, lime juice, cilantro, avocado, shrimp, and toss well. Season with salt (optional) and pepper to taste. Pour over lettuce and serve.