Lean and Green Skinny Chicken Queso
- 1Healthy Fat
Queso is one of our favorite guilty pleasures and this Skinny Chicken Queso recipe is perfect for your next fiesta! Add this delicious side dish with bell peppers to your next social event for a healthy on plan option!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 12 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Shredded
- 1 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 3/4 cup Low-fat Greek Yogurt
- 4 tbsp Reduced-Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Rotel Diced Tomatoesw/ green chilies
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1 lbs Mini SweetPeppers Halved
- 2 1/2 cup Celery Halved
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cook and shred the chicken, add the sharp cheddar cheese, cream cheese (softened), and Greek plain yogurt into a bowl, mix together and then pour into a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes until heated thoroughly.
- While the cheese is heating chop the cilantro, mini sweet peppers (halved lengthwise, stems and seeds removed), and the celery into halves used for dipping.
- Serve hot.