Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Tomatillo and Green Chili Pork Stew
This Tomatillo & Green Chile Pork Stew recipe is absolutely amazing! It’s hearty, easy to make and full of flavor. It's on plan and perfect for you or the entire family!
Tip: Serrano Chilies -- are hot chili peppers.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 small Garlic Cloves
- 2 stalk Scallions
- 1 lbs Tomatillos Chopped
- 2 medium Serrano Chilies Chopped
- 1 large Romaine Lettuce Divided
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 1/2 lbs Boneless Pork Loin Cubed
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- 1/4 cup Radishes Sliced
- 1 medium Jalapeno Peppers Sliced
- 4 small Lime Quartered
- Combine garlic, scallions, tomatillos (trimmed, chopped), serrano chillies (seeds and membranes removed), 4 lettuce leaves, and oregano in a blender; puree until smooth.
- Place pork and the tomatillo mixture in a medium pot. The pork should be covered by 1- inch of puree; if not, add water until it is. Season with salt (optional) and pepper, cover, and bring to a simmer. Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Finely shred 4 leaves of the Romaine lettuce.
- When the stew is finished cooking, garnish with the cilantro, radishes, finely shredded lettuce, sliced (seeds and membranes removed) jalapenos, and lime wedges.