Lean & Green Healthy Chicken and Kohlrabi Noodle Soup
- 1Healthy Fat
Originally a Hungarian dish, this modified version of Kohlrabi Soup, Chicken and Kohlrabi Noodle Soup, is savory and delicious. If you're looking to add a new cuisine to your pallet, give this a try!
Prepare a bowl with Ice/Water for cooling of boiled eggs, and 1 small resealable bag to marinate eggs. Kohlrabi is a German Turnip. ZUCCHINI or RADISH "noodles" may be used in place of kohlrabi.
Other Chicken and Kohlrabi Noodle Soup
Benefits of Boneless Skinless Chicken in your Diet
If you're looking for a healthy, low-calorie food that's easy to prepare, boneless skinless chicken breast is the perfect option. Chicken breasts are rich in selenium and vitamin B which help promote heart health, as well as high protein and low fat content that makes it great for anyone trying to lose weight. Chicken breasts are also versatile and can be used in many different dishes such as sandwiches or salads.
Chicken breasts are a high protein, low-fat food.
You can enjoy the benefits of boneless skinless chicken breasts in your diet. They are a high protein, low-fat food that provides nearly all the essential amino acids and vitamins. Protein is important for building muscle, boosting immunity, lowering blood pressure and improving heart health. It also promotes healthy hair growth and helps you feel full longer so you won’t overeat at mealtime.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Chicken and Kohlrabi Noodle Soup Ingredients
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 21/2 lbs Kohlrabi
- 11/4 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Sliced
- 2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 stalk Green Onions Chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Chili Oil
Lean & Green Chicken and Kohlrabi Noodle Soup Instructions
- Place eggs into a small sauce pan and cover with an inch of water. Bring water to a boil, and simmer gently for 6 minutes. Once cooked, place eggs in ice cold water and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Carefully peel the eggs and place them into a small, resealable bag. Add 2 tablespoon soy sauce and gently push out as much air as possible from the bag. Seal and allow eggs to marinate for one hour.
- Combine chicken (thinly sliced) with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and allow to marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, peel the kohlrabi and cut or slice it with a "spiralizer", vegetable peeler, or mandolin to make long "noodles'" Set aside.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large soup pot. Add the crushed red pepper flakes, kohlrabi "noodles", and chicken. Simmer until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the basil leaves and scallions.
- Remove the eggs from the soy marinade and cut in half. Arrange an equal amount of kohlrabi noodles and chicken into four soup bowls, and carefully pour an equal amount of broth over top. Garnish 2 eggs (halved), sesame seeds, and 1/4 teaspoon of chili oil per bowl.
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Chicken Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Chicken Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Chicken Recipes easily!
Healthy Shopping Lists
Are you looking for Quick Eggs Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Eggs Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Eggs Recipes easily!