Lean and Green Grilled Tempeh with Roasted Eggplant & Watercress
Never heard of tempeh? Well tempeh is an Indonesian product that is made from fermented soybeans. This plant-based protein is 100% On Plan and is a great option for your next vegetarian meal!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 20 oz Tempth
- 41/2 cup Eggplant
- 1/2 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt Divided (optional)*
- 11/2 cup Watercress
- 1/4 cup Scallions Diced
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 11/2 tbsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- Pour boiling water over the tempeh to cover it by 2-inches and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Toss the eggplant with the rice vinegar, pepper, and a quarter teaspoon of salt.
- Roast the diced eggplant in an oven at 425*F for about 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown and tender.
- Remove the roasted eggplant from the oven and toss immediately with the watercress, scallions, tomatoes, lemon juice, and a 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Remove the tempeh from the water and pat it dry. Slice it into 1/4-inch slices. Grill or pan sear the sliced tempeh for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Arrange the grilled tempeh on the eggplant salad and drizzle with soy sauce and lime juice.