Lean and Green Mushroom Tofu Stroganoff with Zucchini Pappardelle
Build on your vegetarian options with this easy to make and absolutely amazing Mushroom Tofu Stroganoff with Zucchini Pappardelle recipe. It's simple to put together and can be ready to serve in less than half an hour.
TIP: Option to use a vegetable peeler, mandolin, or spiralizer.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
- 10 oz Zucchini (optional)*
- 10 oz Yellow Squash (optional)*
- 2 medium Garlic Cloves Minced
- 3 stalk Scallions Diced
- 3 1/2 lbs Extra Firm Tofu Sliced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 stalk Fresh Thyme
- 8 oz Cremini mushrooms Sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) Light Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper (optional)*
- Shave the zucchini and/or yellow squash into wide noodles with a vegetable peeler, mandolin, or spiralizer. Set aside.
- Combine garlic, scallions (trimmed/dliced), tofu, stock, vegetable stock, soy sauce, thyme, and mushrooms in a skillet, and simmer gently for approximately 5 to 8 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- While these are simmering, heat a pot of water to a boil, then blanch the zucchinni and or yellow squash for approximately 2 to 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Remove the tofu mixture from the heat, and stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve the stroganoff on a bed of zucchini and or yellow squash pappardelle.