Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Salmon Poke Bowl
Poke- literally means "to cut crosswise into pieces" in Hawaiian language. Toast Sesame Seeds- Preheat oven to 350*F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour over a thin layer of sesame seeds. SAMBAL- is an Indonesian chili sauce.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 11/4 lbs Raw Salmon Cubed
- 2 stalk Scallions Minced
- 3 tbsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Sambal (optional)*
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 cup Romaine Lettuce
- 1 cup Red Cabbage Shredded
- 1 cup Cucumber Sliced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1/2 cup Radishes
- 1 large Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1,(0.35-oz.) small Seaweed Sheet (optional)*
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the scallions, soy sauce, sambal, and (toasted) sesame seeds. Add (raw boneless, skinless) salmon and toss to coat.
- Arrange an equal amount of each vegetable into individual bowls and top with 5 ounces of salmon per bowl. Cut the seaweed sheets into small ribbons or 4, equal-sized pieces, and serve on the side.