Lean & Green Healthy Beef Noodle Soup
Beef noodle soup is traditional made with noodles, but this version substitutes zucchini for an on plan version that's amazing!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Beef Noodle Soup Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cup Zucchini
- 1 tsp Oil
- 3 small Baby Bok Choy Halved
- 2 stalk Spring Onions Diced
- 6 cup Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ginger Root Grated
- 1 1/4 lbs Lean Beef Sliced
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Thai Basil Shredded
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Lean & Green Beef Noodle Soup Instructions
- Heat Oil in a wok or skillet and cook the Baby Bok Choy and spring onions.
- In a large soup pot, combine broth, soy sauce, and ginger(fresh, peeled and grated). Cover, and bring to a low simmer.
- Slice the steak as thinly as possible and add the strips to the soup. Bring the soup to a gentle boil, and then lower heat, cover, and simmer until meat is cooked through.
- Remove soup from heat, and add zucchini noodles. Stir in sesame oil, basil, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Ladle an equal amount of soup into each bowl and serve hot.
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Beef Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Beef Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Beef Recipes easily!