Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Beef Noodle Soup
Beef noodle soup is traditional made with noodles, but this version substitutes zucchini for an on plan version that's amazing!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 1/2 cup Zucchini
- 1 tsp Oil
- 3 small Baby Bok Choy Halved
- 2 stalk Spring Onions Diced
- 6 cup Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 2 tbsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ginger Root Grated
- 1 1/4 lbs Lean Beef Sliced
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Thai Basil Shredded
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Heat Oil in a wok or skillet and cook the Baby Bok Choy and spring onions.
- In a large soup pot, combine broth, soy sauce, and ginger(fresh, peeled and grated). Cover, and bring to a low simmer.
- Slice the steak as thinly as possible and add the strips to the soup. Bring the soup to a gentle boil, and then lower heat, cover, and simmer until meat is cooked through.
- Remove soup from heat, and add zucchini noodles. Stir in sesame oil, basil, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Ladle an equal amount of soup into each bowl and serve hot.