Lean and Green Creamy Crockpot Tomato Soup
- 3/4Healthy Fat
NOTE: Blender or Food Processor used in this recipe to puree after cooking. Save a little basil to sprinkle on top of each soup serving.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 medium Garlic Cloves Minced
- 3 (28oz.) can Roma tomatoes
- 1 (32oz.) qt Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1/3 cup Basil FInely Chopped
- 2 medium Bay Leaf
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded
- Preheat crock pot on High.
- In a skillet over a medium-high heat add 2 Tbsp. olive oil and minced garlic, saute 2 to 3 minutes until slightly brown.
- After sauteing pour into the crock pot, adding the tomatoes, vegetable broth, basil, bay leaves, salt (optional) and black pepper. Stir to mix together all spices.
- Cover crock pot and cook on high for 3-31/2 hours (low 6-7 hours).
- Once cooked remove the bay leaves, pour soup in a food processor or blender and puree mixture. If soup is thicker than you desire add approximately 1/2 cup water.
- After pureeing stir in the heavy cream. Top each serving with parmesan cheese and basil.