Lean & Green Healthy Shrimp Scampi
- 2Healthy Fat
American Shrimp Scampi
Benefits of Shrimp in your Diet
Shrimp is an excellent source of protein, selenium, vitamin B12 and iodine. These nutrients are essential for good health and play a role in everything from tissue growth to energy production. Shrimp is also low in calories and fat compared to other seafood like salmon or tuna, making it an ideal meal option if you're watching your weight or trying to lose some pounds. If you're looking for ways to add more shrimp into your diet without breaking the bank on fancy dinners out at trendy restaurants—or even just getting bored with your usual order of chicken fingers—then look no further than these seven reasons why it's time we all started adding some shellfish into our lives!
Shrimp is low in fat and calories.
Shrimp is low in fat and calories, providing just 90 calories per 4-ounce serving. This makes it a great choice for people who are watching their weight or who want to add more protein to their diets.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Shrimp Scampi Ingredients
- 1 small Spaghetti Squash
- 21/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 13/4 lbs Cooked Shrimp
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded (optional)*
Lean & Green Shrimp Scampi Instructions
- Cut the squash in half, and remove the seeds. Place in both halves in a microwave-safe bowl with approximately 1 inch of water. Microwave until tender about 10 to 12 minutes. ( Depending on the size of the squash and power of microwave). Allow the squash to cool before handling. Using a fork to scrape out the flesh into spaghetti-looking strands. Measure out 5 cups; save any extra for another meal.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil swirling to coat pan. Saute the garlic about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp(cooked,peeled,deveined), cherry tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon juice parsley, onion powder, salt(optional), and pepper, cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the spaghetti squash, and cook until heated through. Remove from heat, and sprinkle parmesan cheese(optional) on top.
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Shrimp Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Shrimp Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Shrimp Recipes easily!