Lean and Green Shrimp Scampi
- 2Healthy Fat
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 small Spaghetti Squash
- 21/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 13/4 lbs Cooked Shrimp
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Shredded (optional)*
- Cut the squash in half, and remove the seeds. Place in both halves in a microwave-safe bowl with approximately 1 inch of water. Microwave until tender about 10 to 12 minutes. ( Depending on the size of the squash and power of microwave). Allow the squash to cool before handling. Using a fork to scrape out the flesh into spaghetti-looking strands. Measure out 5 cups; save any extra for another meal.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil swirling to coat pan. Saute the garlic about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp(cooked,peeled,deveined), cherry tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon juice parsley, onion powder, salt(optional), and pepper, cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the spaghetti squash, and cook until heated through. Remove from heat, and sprinkle parmesan cheese(optional) on top.