Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Shredded Beef Stew: Ropa Vieja
Any way your prepare it you're going to love this Shredded Beef Stew Ropa Vieja dish, a Cuban favorite! Cool fall days or anytime you feel like spicing things up a little, give this amazing lean and green recipe a try.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1.5 lbs Flank Steak
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Shredded
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 small Bay Leaf
- 1 (14.5oz.) can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 small Green Bell Peppers Sliced
- 4 small Green Olives Halved
- 4 cup Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- Add all the ingredients except the bell peppers, olives, and riced cauliflower to an Instant Pot. Secure lid, push meat mode on Instant Pot, and adjust time for 30 minutes at high pressure. When Instant Pot beeps, naturally release pressure. Open the lid, remove beef and shred with 2 forks.
- Return shredded beef to Instant Pot, and stir in bell pepper and olives. Place cauliflower in steamer basket and insert into Instant Pot. Push steam mode and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve beef stew over riced cauliflower in a bowl.
- SLOW COOKER METHOD: Add all of the ingredients except the bell pepper, olives, and cauliflower rice to a slow cooker. Cover with lid, and cook about 6 hours on low or until beef is tender. Remove and shred beef with 2 forks. Return shredded beef to slow cooker, and stir in bell pepper and olives. Cook for one hour on low. Steam cauliflower rice in the microwave with 2 tablespoons water or on stovetop in a steamer basket over boiling water. Serve shredded beef stew over steamed cauliflower rice.