Lean & Green Healthy Turkey Meatloaf with Fennel
- 2Healthy Fat
Nothing sounds more American that meatloaf! This Turkey Meatloaf with Fennel is a great alternative to the beef variations is made with lean ground turkey and fresh vegetable, plus it has no breadcrumbs or un-necessary carb heavy fillers.
TOASTING PINE NUTS - Spread the PINE NUTS out on the baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 350*F for 5 to 7 minutes, until lightly brown and fragrant. Gently toss the nuts halfway through baking. Watch the oven carefully and do not step away, even for a moment--they can burn quickly.
American Turkey Meatloaf with Fennel
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Turkey Meatloaf with Fennel Ingredients
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 3 cup Napa Cabbage
- 2 stalk Green Onions Minced
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts Crushed
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt Divided (optional)*
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Divided
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 small Fennel Bulbs
- 2/3 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
Lean & Green Turkey Meatloaf with Fennel Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Toast pine nuts for 5 to 7 minutes in oven.
- Heat oven to 400*F after toasting pine nuts.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, Napa cabbage, green onions, toasted pine nuts, paprika, 3/4 teaspoon of salt and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt(optional) and a 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape the ground turkey mixture into a loaf 7-inches long and 4-inches wide, and place it on the baking sheet.
- Bake the meatloaf for about 30 minutes or to an internal temperature of 165*F.
- While the meatloaf is baking remove the green stalks of the fennel and cut the bulbs in half lengthwise. Cut each half of fennel in quarter wedges and remove the center core. Reserve some of the fine fronds, and cut them coarsely for later use.
- Heat a nonstick skillet with oil and sear the fennel wedges until lightly browned.
- Add the chicken stock and remaining salt (optional) and pepper, and cover the skillet with a lid. Cook on medium to high heat for about 5 minutes or until the fennel is tender. Remove the lid, and continue to cook until all the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the parmesan cheese and fennel fronds.
- Carve the meat loaf and serve along with the fennel.
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Turkey Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Turkey Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Turkey Recipes easily!