Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Mexican Bell Pepper Casserole
This amazing casserole is chocked full of flavor and packed with protein. Both creamy and delicious the entire family will love it as well!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 3 large Eggs
- 12 oz Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Onion Sliced
- 1 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 2 medium Green Bell Peppers Chopped
- 8 oz Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F
- Beat together the eggs and yogurt, set aside
- In a medium skillet, cook onions and garlic in oil with spices until onions are translucent. Add peppers, and continue to cook over low heat, 4 to 5 minutes if using frozen and 8 to 10 if using fresh
- Spread half the pepper mixture in a deep casserole dish and top with half the cheese; repeat the layers. Pour yogurt mixture over top.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.