Lean & Green Healthy Mexican Bell Pepper Casserole
This amazing casserole is chocked full of flavor and packed with protein. Both creamy and delicious the entire family will love it as well!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Mexican Bell Pepper Casserole Ingredients
- 3 large Eggs
- 12 oz Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Onion Sliced
- 1 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 2 medium Green Bell Peppers Chopped
- 8 oz Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Lean & Green Mexican Bell Pepper Casserole Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F
- Beat together the eggs and yogurt, set aside
- In a medium skillet, cook onions and garlic in oil with spices until onions are translucent. Add peppers, and continue to cook over low heat, 4 to 5 minutes if using frozen and 8 to 10 if using fresh
- Spread half the pepper mixture in a deep casserole dish and top with half the cheese; repeat the layers. Pour yogurt mixture over top.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Greek Yogurt Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Greek Yogurt Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Greek Yogurt Recipes easily!