Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
I'm all about easy to prepare and on plan and this simple Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken has been a family favorite for a while! Add some Trader Joe's Mexican Cauliflower Rice to complete this simple dish leaving you satisfied and on plan!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 6 (9) oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 1/4 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Reduced-Fat Mexican Cheese Blend Shredded
- 1 can Cooking spray
- 1 small Fresh Cilantro (optional)*
- Place whole chicken breast in a crockpot and pour the salsa over the chicken. Cook 1 1/2 to 2 hours on high. Do not cook longer or the chicken will fall apart. Save the salsa after cooking to be used later.
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- In a baking dish 8 x 8, or 9 x 13, used the size that will hold all your chicken breast. Spray pan with cooking spray before putting the chicken in the dish. Spoon some of the leftover salsa (from the crockpot) over the chicken and sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until it is golden brown, and the sauce and cheese are bubbling. Sprinkle with a small amount of cilantro if you like.