Lean and Green Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
I'm all about easy to prepare and on plan and this simple Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken has been a family favorite for a while! Add some Trader Joe's Mexican Cauliflower Rice to complete this simple dish leaving you satisfied and on plan!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
- 6 (9) oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 1/4 cup(s) Salsa
- 1 cup(s) Reduced-Fat Mexican Cheese Blend Shredded
- 1 can Cooking spray
- 1 small Fresh Cilantro (optional)*
- Place whole chicken breast in a crockpot and pour the salsa over the chicken. Cook 1 1/2 to 2 hours on high. Do not cook longer or the chicken will fall apart. Save the salsa after cooking to be used later.
- Preheat oven to 425*F.
- In a baking dish 8 x 8, or 9 x 13, used the size that will hold all your chicken breast. Spray pan with cooking spray before putting the chicken in the dish. Spoon some of the leftover salsa (from the crockpot) over the chicken and sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until it is golden brown, and the sauce and cheese are bubbling. Sprinkle with a small amount of cilantro if you like.