Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Spinach & Pepper Jack Breakfast Burrito
- 1Healthy Fat
Egg tortilla, who new! Now you can have an amazing breakfast that is healthy, delicious and completely on plan. Don't sacrifice on taste with this amazing twist on the traditional breakfast burrito.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to OPTAVAIA, weighing your food is an important part of the OPTAVIA 5 & 1 program; in fact, it's one of the key elements. If you want to be successful, you need to make sure that each meal has been weighed exactly to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 medium Eggs
- 4 medium Egg Whites
- 2 tbsp Whole Flax Seeds
- 3 dash Light Cooking Spray
- 4 oz Reduced-Fat Pepper Jack Cheese Shredded
- 2 cup Baby Spinach Chopped
- 1 cup Tomatoes Diced
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Peppers Diced
- 1 medium Jalapeno Peppers Diced
- 1 tbsp Red Onion Chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Salt (optional)*
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the tortilla. (2 eggs, 4 egg whites & 2 tbsp whole flax seeds)
- Heat a small skillet over medium high heat, and lightly grease with cooking spray. Pour half of the egg mixture into the skillet, and swirl to evenly distribute the eggs on the surface, forming a thin, tortilla- or crepe-like shape. Cook for a couple of minutes until the edges and bottom of the tortilla are firm. Tilt the skillet from side to side to make sure eggs are no longer runny. Gently loosen the tortilla from the surface with a spatula, and carefully flip. Continue to cook until eggs are fully set. Repeat with the other half of the tortilla mixture. Set tortillas aside when finished.
- Lightly grease the same skillet, and sauté the spinach 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted, over low to medium high heat. When done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine all of the salsa ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. (diced tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapenos, red onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper & cilantro)
- Place tortilla on a large plate. Add half of the spinach, cheese, and salsa to the middle, and then roll into a burrito. Serve immediately.