Lean and Green Yellow Squash Taco Casserole
Tip: Recipe makes 5 servings, but casserole can be divided into individual 1 serving portions and freezing for later.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1.25 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 2 cup Yellow Squash Sliced
- 1.5 tsp Cumin
- 1.5 tsp Paprika
- 1.5 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 cup Low Fat Cheddar Cheese Grated
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cook the ground beef. After browning the meat, add the canned Diced tomatoes and seasonings to the ground beef and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the sliced squash to the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Place meat mixture on top of squash, sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes.