Lean and Green Brown & White Mushroom Soup
- 1/4Healthy Fat
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
- 1/2 cup(s) Celery
- 1 cup(s) Brown Mushrooms
- 1 cup(s) White Mushrooms
- 1 cup(s) Scallions
- 3/4 cup(s) Onion
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 6 cup(s) Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme
- 1 stalk Green Onions (optional)*
- In a stockpot over medium heat melt the butter.
- Add celery and onions to the stockpot. Cook and stir until tender, but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in thyme and mushrooms, and continue cooking until mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock into the pot, and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Ladle into a bowl, and serve with green onions, sprinkle on the top.