Lean & Green Healthy Zoodles & Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil Dressing
- 2Healthy Fat
Zucchini Noodles, or zoodles, are an excellent way to increase your daily veggie intake and this Zoodles & Grilled Shrimp w/Lemon Basil Dressing recipe will keep you on plan and wondering why you haven't been making noodles this way sooner!
OPTIONS: Use a mandolin or vegetable spiralizer to create zucchini noodles.
Benefits of Shrimp in your Diet
Shrimp is an excellent source of protein, selenium, vitamin B12 and iodine. These nutrients are essential for good health and play a role in everything from tissue growth to energy production. Shrimp is also low in calories and fat compared to other seafood like salmon or tuna, making it an ideal meal option if you're watching your weight or trying to lose some pounds. If you're looking for ways to add more shrimp into your diet without breaking the bank on fancy dinners out at trendy restaurants—or even just getting bored with your usual order of chicken fingers—then look no further than these seven reasons why it's time we all started adding some shellfish into our lives!
Shrimp is low in fat and calories.
Shrimp is low in fat and calories, providing just 90 calories per 4-ounce serving. This makes it a great choice for people who are watching their weight or who want to add more protein to their diets.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 lbs Raw Shrimp
- 2 1/2 cup Zucchini
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 3/4 cup Basil
- 1/4 cup Almonds Sliced
- 1 small Garlic Cloves
- 1 medium Shallot Chopped
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- Make the lemon basil dressing in a blender combine, 1/8 cup sliced almonds, 1 garlic clove, 1 shallot, red pepper flakes, 1/2 cup olive oil, red wine vinegar and lemon zest. Pulse on medium until evenly combined and smooth. Season with salt and pepper as needed and set aside.
- Place the remaining 1/8 cup almonds in a small skillet over medium high heat to toast. Shake pan every few seconds, until the almonds turn just golden brown. Remove almonds from heat and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp for 6 to 8 minutes until fully cooked and pink, and add 2 heaping spoonfuls of the lemon basil dressing into shrimp and toss to combine. Transfer the seasoned shrimp to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Using a mandolin or vegetable spiralizer, cut zucchini into thin spaghetti shaped noodles. Add zucchini noodles to the same pan used for the shrimp and saute together for 2 minutes over a medium heat until just tender.Season the zucchini noodles with salt and pepper and then toss with an additional 2 heaping spoonfuls of the lemon basil dressing. Turn the heat off. Reserve any extra lemon basil dressing for a future recipe.
- Toss the seasoned shrimp together with the zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes. Top with the toasted sliced almonds. Serve immediately.