Lean and Green Zoodles & Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Basil Dressing
- 2Healthy Fat
Zucchini Noodles, or zoodles, are an excellent way to increase your daily veggie intake and this Zoodles & Grilled Shrimp w/Lemon Basil Dressing recipe will keep you on plan and wondering why you haven't been making noodles this way sooner!
OPTIONS: Use a mandolin or vegetable spiralizer to create zucchini noodles.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 lbs Raw Shrimp
- 2 1/2 cup Zucchini
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 3/4 cup Basil
- 1/4 cup Almonds Sliced
- 1 small Garlic Cloves
- 1 medium Shallot Chopped
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
- Make the lemon basil dressing in a blender combine, 1/8 cup sliced almonds, 1 garlic clove, 1 shallot, red pepper flakes, 1/2 cup olive oil, red wine vinegar and lemon zest. Pulse on medium until evenly combined and smooth. Season with salt and pepper as needed and set aside.
- Place the remaining 1/8 cup almonds in a small skillet over medium high heat to toast. Shake pan every few seconds, until the almonds turn just golden brown. Remove almonds from heat and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp for 6 to 8 minutes until fully cooked and pink, and add 2 heaping spoonfuls of the lemon basil dressing into shrimp and toss to combine. Transfer the seasoned shrimp to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Using a mandolin or vegetable spiralizer, cut zucchini into thin spaghetti shaped noodles. Add zucchini noodles to the same pan used for the shrimp and saute together for 2 minutes over a medium heat until just tender.Season the zucchini noodles with salt and pepper and then toss with an additional 2 heaping spoonfuls of the lemon basil dressing. Turn the heat off. Reserve any extra lemon basil dressing for a future recipe.
- Toss the seasoned shrimp together with the zucchini noodles and cherry tomatoes. Top with the toasted sliced almonds. Serve immediately.