Lean & Green Healthy Shepherd's Pie with Mashed Cauliflower
- 1Healthy Fat
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Hungarian Paprika
- 1/4 cup Parsley (optional)*
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 5 cup Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt Divided
- 1/2 cup Light Sour Cream
- 1 lbs Lean Turkey Chopped
- 1 cup White Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, spread the cauliflower and bake for 30 minutes at 4250F or until golden brown. Take out of the oven, then let cool. Cauliflower can be processed in a food processor (or a potato masher). Add eggs and 1/2 teaspoon of salt after that.
- In a non-stick skillet, stir-fry the turkey and mushrooms for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until the poultry is thoroughly cooked, while the cauliflower bakes. Stir in the remaining salt, sour cream, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper.
- Fill a casserole dish with the turkey mixture. On top, distribute the cauliflower mash equally. Add some mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 4000F or until golden brown. Slice the pie into four slices of similar size, top with parsley, if preferred, and serve.