Lean and Green Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Squash with Spinach & Tomatoes
- 1Healthy Fat
Can't decide what to make? Try this Lemon Chicken Spaghetti Squash with Spinach & Tomatoes recipe! It's sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cubed
- 1/2 tsp Salt Divided
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup(s) Yellow Onion Diced (optional)*
- 2 small Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 cup(s) Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 2 cup(s) Baby Spinach
- 1 cup(s) Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 small Lemons
- 4 cup(s) Spaghetti Squash
- Season chicken breast with 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional) and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute' chicken until cooked through, approximately 7 - 10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and saute' until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until they begin to soften, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, juice from a lemon, and the remaining salt (optional), reduce the skillet heat and cook until liquid is reduced by half, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and spinach and cook until spinach is wilted, approximately 2 minutes.
- Serve the contents of the skillet on top of the spaghetti squash.