Keto & Low-Carb Lean and Green Tropical Chicken Medley
- 1Healthy Fat
This Tropical Chicken Medley is an amazing addition to your weekly routine that is a snap to make and loaded with flavor!
Tips: Cooking Pine Nuts: OVEN - Preheat to 375*F, spread nuts on a baking sheet and toast for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently so as not to burn. TOASTER OVEN - Preheat to 325*F, and toast for 3-5 minutes.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA optimal weight 5 in 1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
The recipes on this site are intended for the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low carb or keto lifestyle. If you following a ketogenic diet or low-calorie diet you can enjoy many of the recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Sliced
- 3 cup Broccoli Chopped
- 11/2 cup Red Bell Peppers Chopped
- 11/2 cup Yellow Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1/2 cup Light Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic and Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 oz Pine Nuts
- 1 can Light Cooking Spray
- Coat chicken breast (sliced into strips) with salad dressing. Sprinkle seasoning blend and onion powder on chicken strips. Let the strips marinate for at least 30 minutes. (1 to 2 hours preferred)
- While chicken is marinating, saute peppers and broccoli in a large, lightly-coated saute pan until al dente (tender-crisp). When cooking peppers, frequently add a little water so peppers do not burn. Set sauteed peppers and broccoli aside.
- Add chicken to a pan, and cook until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, place pine nuts on a tray in (Toaster Oven or Oven) and toast until brown.
- When chicken is done, add peppers, broccoli, and pine nuts, and serve immediately.