Lean & Green Healthy Beef and Chinese Broccoli
Chinese Beef and Chinese Broccoli
The Health Benefits of Lean Beef in your Diet
Beef is a healthy, nutritious addition to any diet. Beef is one of the most common sources of protein in our diets and can help you feel satiated and energized after eating it.
Beef Isn't Just for Building Muscle
Not only is lean beef a great source of protein, it also contains other important nutrients that can help you stay healthy. For example, beef is an excellent source of vitamin B12 and selenium—two nutrients that contribute to good heart health.
Lean beef is also a good source of zinc, another important nutrient for keeping your ticker working smoothly. Beef can also help maintain strong bones by delivering calcium and phosphorus (the two main minerals in bone), along with vitamin D, which plays an important role in absorbing calcium into the body. And when you’re feeling sluggish or tired after a long day at work, lean beef may be just what the doctor ordered!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Beef and Chinese Broccoli Ingredients
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 lbs Top Round Beef Sliced
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 6 cup Chinese Broccoli
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger Root Minced
- 3 medium Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Salt
Lean & Green Beef and Chinese Broccoli Instructions
- Slice beef and toss with baking soda. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Rinse beef and pat dry.
- Slice stems of broccoli ¼-inch thin and 2-inches long diagonally; keep separate from leaves. Roughly chop the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat a wok or nonstick skillet until hot and sear the beef about 30 seconds on one side until brown. Add garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and black pepper. Stir together and cook for another 15 seconds; remove from wok or skillet.
- Use the same wok or skillet to stir-fry the broccoli. Heat on high, add broccoli stems, and stir-fry until semi-tender. Add leaves, and pour all of the beef including juices back into the wok or skillet. Toss to combine.
- Tip: Substitute broccoli or broccolini for the Chinese broccoli.
- Baking Soda
- Top Round Beef
- Chinese Broccoli
- Oyster Sauce
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Beef Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Beef Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Beef Recipes easily!