Lean and Green Italian Shrimp and Broccoli
- 2Healthy Fat
I always love a simple shrimp recipe and this easy-to-make Italian Shrimp and Broccoli recipe is full of fiber and flavor; plus with the leanest option, you get 7 full oz of shrimp!
OPTION: Choose the dressing that you prefer, depending on the flavor you want. NOT BOTH.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 7 oz Cooked Shrimp
- 2 cup Broccoli Chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes Chopped
- 2 tbsp Ken's Lite Northern Italian with Basil & Romano (optional)*
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese Grated (optional)*
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Steamed
- 2 tbsp Newman's Own Parmesan and Garlic Dressing (optional)*
- Use fresh (7 oz.) or frozen shrimp (thaw according to directions on package).
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tsp. of olive oil and add the broccoli and chopped cherry tomatoes; saute 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, spoon salad dressing, add shrimp and black pepper. Saute until shrimp is cooked (opaque in color).
- Add the vegetables to the shrimp; cook an additional 2-3 minutes to reheat the vegetables.
- Place shrimp and vegetables on a plate, add parmesan cheese (an optional condiment), and stir. Serve hot.