Lean and Green Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Grilled Chicken
- 1Healthy Fat
Who doesn't love fresh, sweet tomatoes, heaping helping of zucchini and fresh basil! This Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Grilled Chicken is amazing alternative to heavier pastas or spaghetti, plus you still get all those flavors!
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1/3 cup Low Calorie Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese Halved
- 1/3 oz Pine Nuts
- 1 pt Cooking spray
- 2 large Zucchini
- 1 1/2 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- To make pesto, combine the salad dressing, basil, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- In a lightly greased skillet over medium heat, cook zucchini noodles until just tender about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in pesto and remaining Parmesan cheese, then remove from heat.
- Add tomatoes, top with grilled chicken, and garnish with crushed red pepper flakes.