Lean and Green Jerk Crusted Pork Chops with Spinach Salad
NOTE: The prep time includes the marinating of pork chops for 30 minutes.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 4 (7) oz Pork Chops
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Jerk Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt Divided (optional)*
- 8 cup Baby Spinach
- 3/4 cup Radishes Sliced
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes Diced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Divide the marinate for each pork chop (1/8 tsp. lime juice, 1/2 tsp. jerk seasoning, 1/8 tsp. black pepper, dash of salt (optional). Allow to the pork chops to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450*F. After the pork chops have marinated place in hot oven to cook for 10 minutes to an internal temperature of 145*F.
- While the pork is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of water in a medium pot. Add the spinach and cook just until the spinach begins to wilt, approximately 1 minute.
- Immediately transfer the spinach to a bowl, and add the radishes, tomatoes, lemon juice, pepper, and a dash of salt.
- Allow the pork chops to rest for 10 minutes. Serve the pork chops alongside the wilted spinach salad.