Lean & Green Healthy Jerk Crusted Pork Chops with Spinach Salad
NOTE: The prep time includes the marinating of pork chops for 30 minutes.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Jerk Crusted Pork Chops with Spinach Salad Ingredients
- 4 (7) oz Pork Chops
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Jerk Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Salt Divided (optional)*
- 8 cup Baby Spinach
- 3/4 cup Radishes Sliced
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes Diced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
Lean & Green Jerk Crusted Pork Chops with Spinach Salad Instructions
- Divide the marinate for each pork chop (1/8 tsp. lime juice, 1/2 tsp. jerk seasoning, 1/8 tsp. black pepper, dash of salt (optional). Allow to the pork chops to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450*F. After the pork chops have marinated place in hot oven to cook for 10 minutes to an internal temperature of 145*F.
- While the pork is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of water in a medium pot. Add the spinach and cook just until the spinach begins to wilt, approximately 1 minute.
- Immediately transfer the spinach to a bowl, and add the radishes, tomatoes, lemon juice, pepper, and a dash of salt.
- Allow the pork chops to rest for 10 minutes. Serve the pork chops alongside the wilted spinach salad.
- Pork Chops
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Pork Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Pork Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Pork Recipes easily!