Lean and Green Spaghetti Squash Kugel
This simple single serve casserole is a favorite around our house and you can add chick or shrimp to get a full lean and green meal with this Spaghetti Squash Kugel dish.
OPTION: You can precook squash in the oven; Preheat the oven to 350* F. Wash squash and put in a loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool. After cooling slice squash in half and removes the seeds.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 1 1/2 cup Cooked Spaghetti Squash Shredded
- 1 can Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp Onion Finely Diced
- 1/2 slice Garlic Cloves Minced
- 3 large Egg Whites Beaten
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Precook squash in the microwave. Cook for 1 minute to soften. Cut in half and remove seeds. Place cut-side down in a dish with 1/2 inch in water. Microwave for 8 to 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a sauce pan heat 5 sprays of cooking spray. Add onions and garlic. Saute until onions are soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Use a fork to scrape out the strands of squash, place into a large bowl. Add onion, and mix well. Add the egg whites, salt and pepper, stir to combine. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake until the Kugel is crispy on top, about 1 hr.