Lean & Green Healthy Spaghetti Squash Kugel
This simple single serve casserole is a favorite around our house and you can add chick or shrimp to get a full lean and green meal with this Spaghetti Squash Kugel dish.
OPTION: You can precook squash in the oven; Preheat the oven to 350* F. Wash squash and put in a loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let cool. After cooling slice squash in half and removes the seeds.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others, struggled with my weight for years, not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021, I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 75 lbs so far on the plan. It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started, I had a hard time finding the top 5 and 1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those new to the plan, weighing your food is an integral part of the program; it's one of the critical elements. If you want to be successful, you need to ensure that each meal has been weighed according to the guidelines. And we're not talking about "close enough." We mean EXACTLY those amounts! So forget about using a measuring cup or even eyeballing it—you need a food scale!
We've worked hard to make sure that all recipes listed are approved for the plan.
The recipes on this site are intended for those on plan; however, they can easily be adapted to a low-carb or keto lifestyle. If you are following a ketogenic or low-calorie diet, you can enjoy many recipes found here to help keep you on track for your weight loss efforts.
5-1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
Missing an item in the kitchen? Checkout the links below to pick one up on Amazon.
Lean & Green Spaghetti Squash Kugel Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cup Cooked Spaghetti Squash Shredded
- 1 can Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp Onion Finely Diced
- 1/2 slice Garlic Cloves Minced
- 3 large Egg Whites Beaten
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
Lean & Green Spaghetti Squash Kugel Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Precook squash in the microwave. Cook for 1 minute to soften. Cut in half and remove seeds. Place cut-side down in a dish with 1/2 inch in water. Microwave for 8 to 10 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a sauce pan heat 5 sprays of cooking spray. Add onions and garlic. Saute until onions are soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Use a fork to scrape out the strands of squash, place into a large bowl. Add onion, and mix well. Add the egg whites, salt and pepper, stir to combine. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake until the Kugel is crispy on top, about 1 hr.
Protein / Lean
Are you looking for Quick Eggs Recipes? Then check out our amazing list of Lean and Green Eggs Recipes where you can find an every growing list of Healthy Eggs Recipes easily!