Lean and Green Sweet Potato Pecan Muffins
- 1Healthy Fat
OPTIONAL: Unsweetened Vanilla Almond or Cashew Milk (your choice) Use cupcake paper liners or silicone molds to lessen the chance of the muffins sticking to the muffin pan.
About Chris Sloan
My name is Chris Sloan and I, like so many others struggled with my weight for years not realizing the toll being overweight was taking on my body. At the beginning of 2021 I began to take my weight loss efforts seriously and have lost 60 lbs so far on the OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan! It's been amazing, and while my journey isn't over, I'm well on my way!
When I started I had a hard time finding the top OPTAVIA 5&1 recipes, so I was so inspired to build this website to help compile some of what I felt are the best OPTAVIA recipes around. I'm happy to share it with you as well!
For those not familiar, OPTAVIA is not some fad diet but instead is a program designed to help those who are looking to lose weight make better choices with their health and wellness via better habits.
We've worked hard to make sure that all OPTAVIA 5 and 1 recipes listed are approved for the OPTAVIA 5&1 plan.
OPTAVIA 5&1 Plan Must Have Items
Save to Your Recipes
Join our Facebook Group
Lean and Green Recipes
We're Social Too
Invite a Friend
Helpful Cooking Utensils
- 2 sachet OPTAVIA Select Honey sweet Potatoes
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 2 sachet OPTAVIA Essential Spiced Gingerbread
- 6 tbsp Liquid Egg Substitute
- 1/4 cup Unsweeted Original (optional)*
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)*
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 can Light Cooking Spray
- 1/3 oz Pecans Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Prepare Honey Sweet Potatoes according to package directions. Let cool slightly.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cooked honey Sweet Potatoes and remaining ingredients (expect for the pecans).
- Divide the mixture among eight slots in the muffin tin. Using a paper cupcake liner or silicon lightly sprayed. Sprinkle tops with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.